Press Play Inc. March 2020 Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
PERFORMING ADVERTISING ACTIONS IS NOT REQUIRED TO ENTER OR WIN.
THE SWEEPSTAKES IS NOT SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH, APPLE INC.
THE SWEEPSTAKES IS NOT SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH, FACEBOOK INC.
1. Eligibility: Press Play Inc. March 2020 Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including District of Columbia) who are at least eighteen (18) years old and the age of majority in their jurisdiction at the time of entry (“Participants”). For all Participants who are aged 18 or older but not yet of the age of majority in their state, his/her parent or legal guardian must Register, as defined below, and that adult will be deemed to have consented to and be bound by these Official Rules on behalf of the Participant. Employees of Sponsor or any of its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, or any other company or individual involved with the design, production, execution, or distribution of the Sweepstakes and their immediate family (spouse, parents and step-parents, siblings and step-siblings, and children and step-children) and household members (people who share the same residence at least three (3) months out of the year) of each such employee are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. Participation constitutes Participant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sponsor: Press Play Inc., 2919 Commerce Street, Suite 707, Dallas, TX, 75226.
3. Promotion Period: The Sweepstakes begins March 1, 2020, at 12:00 AM Eastern Time ("EST") and ends at 11:59 PM EST on March 31, 2020 (the “Promotion Period”). Sponsor is the official timekeeper of the Sweepstakes. All time periods are calculated based on EST.
4. Entry: There are several steps to enter the Sweepstakes.
Step One: Download and install the Press Play – Big Cash Prizes! App (the “App”) at the Apple App Store. There is no charge to download and install the App.
Step Two: Register: Participant(s) must register on the App by verifying their mobile phone number and creating a profile (“Register(ing)”). There is no charge to Register to open an account.
Step Three: Obtain Tickets: Participant can obtain Tickets to be used to enter the Sweepstakes in two ways:
(a) Opening the App:
On the 1st day of the Promotion Period, Participant will receive ten (10) Daily Tickets, one (1) Weekly Ticket and one (1) Monthly Ticket at 12:00 AM EST. Participant will receive ten (10) Daily Tickets each calendar day at 10:00 PM EST during the Promotion Period.Participant will receive one (1) Weekly Ticket on the 7th, 14th and 21st day of each month at 11:00 PM EST during the Promotion Period. If Participant opens the App for the initial time after the Promotion Period has already begun, Participant will receive ten (10) Daily Tickets, one (1) Weekly Ticket and one (1) Monthly Ticket upon opening the App for the initial time. Maximum three hundred and ten (310) Daily Opening the App Tickets, four (4) Weekly Opening the App Tickets and one (1) Monthly Opening the App Ticket per person per Promotion Period.
(b) Playing Tickets:
Weekly Tickets – A Weekly Ticket will appear when a Participant has played seventeen (17) Daily Tickets at any time during the Promotion Period, however, Participant cannot earn Weekly tickets after the 28th of the month. Participant can earn up to four (4) Weekly Tickets in a seven-day period (“Weekly Period”). There are four Weekly Periods per month: the 1st-7th, the 8-14th, the 15-21st and the 22nd-28th of each month. All progress toward earning a Weekly Ticket will be lost after the 28th of the month.
Monthly Tickets – A Monthly Ticket will appear when a Participant has played seventy (70) Daily Tickets in a calendar month. Participant can earn up to four (4) Monthly Tickets in a calendar month. All progress toward earning a Monthly Ticket will be lost at the end of a month.
Step Four: Redeem Ticket(s) for Sweepstakes Entry(ies): Participant may redeem one (1) Ticket to obtain one (1) Sweepstakes Entry by pressing “Play” in the App, indicating the number of Tickets he/she would like to enter, selecting 5 emojis or allowing the app to randomly generate 5 emojis for each Ticket entered, and pressing “Submit Entries” (each an “Entry”). Participants will receive one (1) Sweepstakes Entry for each Ticket redeemed.
The schedule for the Drawings is as follows (all times EST):
Daily Drawing – Every day at 10:00 AM, 1:00PM, 4:00PM, 7:00PM, 10:00PM
Weekly Drawing– On the 7th, 14th, 21st and 28th of the month at 11:00PM
Monthly Drawing – On the last day of the month at 11:00PM
Beginning at 10:00 PM EST (or 12:00 AM EST on the 1st day of the Promotion Period), Participant may submit up to two (2) entries every five (5) hours and thirty (30) minutes in one of the Daily Drawings, after which a Time Lock will activate. Participant will not be able to enter any Daily Tickets during a Time Lock. Participant may elect to watch a video to earn a Speed Pass. A Speed Pass will enable Participant to enter an additional Daily Ticket during a Time Lock. Participant may earn and use a maximum of two (2) Speed Passes between any two Daily Drawings and four (4) Speed Passes per 10:00PM to 10:00PM Promotion Day. Speed Passes expire at the time of the next Daily Drawing. Once the Participant plays a Daily Ticket outside of the Time Lock, a new Time Lock is activated.
Participant may submit up to four (4) entries in a Daily Drawing and up to five (5) entries in a Weekly Drawing or Monthly Drawing.
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Entries received per drawing.
All Drawings are closed to Entries five minutes before the Drawing.
One Daily Drawing will be open to Entries at all times until the last day of the month at 9:55PM. One Weekly Drawing will be open at all times until the 28th of the month at 10:55PM. The Monthly Drawing will be open at all times until the last day of the month at 10:55PM.
A MAximum of 10 Daily Tickets can be Played in the 5 Daily Drawings in A CALENDAR DAY.
All unused Daily TIckets regardless of the method they were obtained expire at 9:55 PM EST each caleNdar day. All unused Weekly Tickets regardless of the method they were obtained expire at 10:55 PM EST on the 7th, 14th, 21st and 28th DAY of each month. All Unused monthly tickets regardless of the method they were obtained expire at 10:55 PM EST on the last day of each month. TICKETS HAVE NO VALUE.
During the Promotion Period, for each day in the Sweepstakes there will be five main daily prizes awarded (each, a "Daily Prize" and collectively, the "Daily Prizes") and five secondary prizes awarded. A secondary prize will be awarded to the Participant who referred the winner of the respective Daily Prize (the “Referring Participant”), so long as the Referring Participant plays one of the four Daily Drawings (the “Referring Participant Daily Prize”). In the event the Referring Participant does not play one of the five Daily Drawings, an alternate winner (“Second Chance Winner”) will be chosen from the Participant pool of the respective Daily Drawing (“Second Chance Daily Prize”).
During the Promotion Period, on the 7th, 14th, 21st and 28th of each month, there will be one main weekly prize awarded (“Weekly Prize”) and one secondary prize awarded. A secondary prize will be awarded to the Referring Participant who referred the winner of the respective Weekly Prize, so long as the Referring Participant plays the respective Weekly Drawing (the “Referring Participant Weekly Prize”). In the event the Referring Participant does not play the respective Weekly Drawing, a Second Chance Winner will be chosen from the Participant pool of the respective Weekly Drawing (“Second Chance Weekly Prize”).
During the Promotion Period, on the last day of each month, there will be one main Monthly prize awarded (“Monthly Prize”) and one secondary prize awarded. A secondary prize will be awarded to the Referring Participant who referred the winner of the respective Monthly Prize, so long as the Referring Participant plays the respective Monthly Drawing (the “Referring Participant Monthly Prize”). In the event the Referring Participant does not play the respective Monthly Drawing, a Second Chance Winner will be chosen from the Participant pool of the respective Monthly Drawing (“Second Chance Monthly Prize”).
During the Promotion Period, for each month in the Sweepstakes there will be a Leaderboard (“Monthly Leaderboard”). The Monthly Leaderboard is a cumulative sum of matching emojis picked across all drawings - Daily, Weekly and Monthly. The Monthly Leaderboard is not based on winning in any particular drawing but the total number of emojis that were matched. The top 5,000 places on the Monthly Leaderboard will win a prize. In the event two or more Participants are tied for a place, the Participants will split the prize.
Example: Two Participants are tied for 4th. Two Participants split the 4th and 5th place prizes.
Example: Ten Participants are tied for 5,000th. Ten Participants split the 5,000th place prize.
Prizes to be awarded for the Sweepstakes will be stated in the App and range from $5.00 to $10,000.00 (USD).
6. Odds/Drawings/Winner Notification:
Daily, Weekly and Monthly Drawings
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Entries received during a specific drawing. In the event that two or more Participants select the same 5 emojis and both have a Match, the prize will be split evenly between the Participants with the Matching emoji. The total number of combinations are 1,712,304. The odds of winning are equal regardless of method of entry or source of tickets. Viewing videos does not improve odds of winning. Prize drawings will be conducted by Sponsor, whose decisions are final and binding in all respects.
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during a month and the total number of entries made by a Participant.
Potential Prize winners will be notified within the App and/or by email, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. If a potential Prize winner cannot be reached after a reasonable effort has been made during ten (10) business days from the first notification attempt, refuses to accept the Prize, and/or does not agree to or submit the Release Forms within ten (10) business days of the providing of the Release Forms, such person may be disqualified, with an alternate Prize winner selected in accordance with these Official Rules. One attempts for a new alternate will be conducted per Prize. If attempt fails, unclaimed Prize(s) will not be awarded. There will be no alternate Monthly Leaderboard Prize winners due to the cumulative nature of the Monthly Leaderboard. If a potential Prize winner does not claim the Prize, the unclaimed Prize will not be awarded.
7. Declaration of Eligibility/Liability Release and Publicity Release or Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release and Publicity Release: If a prize is less than $600, Potential Prize winner(s) will be required to agree to the Declaration of Eligibility/Liability Release, and where lawful, a Publicity Release. If a prize is $600 or greater, Potential Prize winner(s) will be required to complete, execute and notarize an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release, and where lawful, a Publicity Release (collectively, the "Release Forms") within ten (10) business days of sending of the Release Forms. The Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release, and where lawful, a Publicity Release, will need to be Notarized using the provided service Notarize. In the event Potential Prize winner(s) would prefer to use a different notary service or is from the state of Iowa, the Sponsor will provide Potential Prize winner(s) with an electronic copy of the Release Forms through email and Potential Prize winner(s) will be bear all costs associated with and be responsible for returning the notarized Release Forms to the company through email on the same timeline as above. Failure to return Release Forms in a timely manner, or if a Prize notification or a Prize is returned as non-deliverable, or if a Prize winner is found not to be eligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, may result in disqualification and an alternate Prize winner may be selected in accordance with these Official Rules.
8. Prize Redemption and Prize Winners: For the Daily, Weekly and Monthly Drawings and respective Secondary Prizes, if a prize is less than $600, winners will receive their prize by check within ten (10) business days. For the Monthly Leaderboard, if a prize is less than $25, winners will receive their prize by gift card though Reward Link, which can be accessed inside of the App. For the Monthly Leaderboard, if a prize is greater than $25, winners will have the option of receiving their prize by gift card through Reward Link, which can be accessed inside of the App, or check within ten (10) business days. If a Participant’s total prize value in a calendar year exceeds $600, the Sponsor will provide Winners with a link to fill out a W-9. Winners will then receive their prize by in accordance with the policies above. All federal, state, local and other tax obligations arising from this Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, winning a Prize, will be the sole responsibility of each Prize winner. The Sponsor, its parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and advertising and promotion agencies assume no liability and are not responsible for, and Participant hereby forever waives any rights to any claim in connection with, the selection and announcement of a Prize winner, the distribution of a Prize, the acceptance/possession and/or use/ misuse of any part of a Prize and/or any injury or damage to any Participant's or third person's property related to or resulting from any part of a Prize or any part of this Sweepstakes. No assignment, transfer, or substitution of a Prize is permitted. Prize is solely for Prize winner's use and may not be used in conjunction with any other promotion. All other costs and expenses not specified herein, if any, are the responsibility of each Prize winner. All Prize details are at the sole discretion of the Provider.
9. Publicity Release Terms: Except where prohibited by law, a Prize winner's acceptance of a Prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor, its agents and assignees, to use a Prize winner's name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, and address (city and state) worldwide and in all forms of media, in perpetuity, without further compensation for promotional and compliance purposes.
10. Improper Conduct: Sponsor may take the decision to close the account, make void all activity on duplicate accounts and/or reclaim any illegitimate prizes where the following has occurred: Sponsor’s verification process identifies additional accounts opened by Participant; Sponsor’s service to Participant has previously been permanently terminated; or Participant’s activity attempts to manipulate system controls.
11. Breach of Terms: Sponsor may refuse to allow Participant to earn and/or use Ticket(s) if it is believed Participant is in breach of any of these Official Rules or the Terms and Conditions of the App, including but not limited to, where Sponsor believes that Participant is underage; is involved in cheating of any kind; Participant is trying to use Sponsor’s products or services from a restricted territory; or is playing in contravention of the laws in Participant’s place of residence. In addition, any such breach will be regarded as a material breach and entitle Sponsor to terminate the Official Rules with Participant immediately. Sponsor, at its sole discretion, may disqualify any Participant from participation in or use of any or all portions of this Promotion, and refuse to award a Prize or any part of a Prize, if Participant engages in any conduct Sponsor deems to be improper, unfair or otherwise adverse to the operation of the Sweepstakes or detrimental to other Participants of the Sweepstakes. Such improper conduct includes, without limitation, falsifying personal information required during Participant registration or Prize claim, violating any term or condition stated herein, accumulating entries through methods such as automated computer scripts or any other programming techniques, allowing others to use Participant's personal information for the purpose of accumulating entries, or intentionally trying to defraud, reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise tamper with the computer programs in connection with this Sweepstakes. Participants agree that Sponsor may void any part of a Prize that Participant may have won and/or require the return of any part of a Prize that Participant may have won as a result of such improper conduct. Participant further acknowledges that any forfeiture of a Prize and/or return of a Prize shall in no way prevent Administrator from pursuing other avenues of recourse such as criminal or civil proceedings in connection with such conduct. WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, EACH OF THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR SUCH ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
12. Tickets: Tickets have no monetary exchange value and cannot be sold or transferred. All Tickets will expire at the end of the Promotion Period.
13. Promotion Errors/Integrity Issues: Proof of winning, mailing or submitting entry will not be deemed receipt of such entry by the Sweepstakes Providers. Sponsor assumes no liability and is not responsible for, and Participant hereby forever waives any rights to any claim in connection with, errors and/or ambiguity: (a) in the Sweepstakes; (b) in any related advertising or promotions of this Sweepstakes; and/or (c) in these Official Rules. In the event of any ambiguity(s) or error (s) in these Official Rules, Sponsor reserves the right to modify the Official Rules for clarification purposes or to correct any such ambiguity or error(s) without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Sweepstakes. Sponsor assumes no liability and is not responsible for, and Participant hereby forever waives any rights to any claim in connection with, lost, late, incomplete, corrupted, stolen, misdirected, illegible or postage due entries or mail, if applicable; or for any computer, telephone, cable, network, satellite, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, unauthorized human intervention, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information, or the failure to capture any such information. Participant’s sole remedy in such an event is a replacement Sweepstakes Entry. Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by registration information submitted by end Participants or tampering, hacking, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes, and assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to the Sweepstakes. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned by reason, including but not limited to, infection by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which Sponsor, in its sole discretion, believes could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Sweepstakes and not award the Prize(s) or select the Prize winners from entries received prior to the action taken or in such other manner as Sponsor may deem fair and appropriate.
14. Release and Indemnity: Each Participant, including, without limitation, a Prize winner, hereby releases and agrees to hold harmless the Sponsor and its respective directors, officers, employees, representatives and agents from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to person, including death, and property, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from any claim in connection with, injury or damage to any Participant or to any other person's phone or property related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes, downloading materials from this Sweepstakes, participation in any activity related to this Sweepstakes as well as any expenses incurred towards mobile carrier fees, Internet provider fees, bank and any financial institution fees, or other such fees.
15. Disclaimer of Warranties: THE SWEEPSTAKES AND THE PRIZES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT WILL THE SPONSOR, ITS PARENTS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES AND RELATED COMPANIES, ITS ADVERTISING OR PROMOTION AGENCIES, OR ITS RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF PARTICIPANT’S ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SWEEPSTAKES. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS. This Section does not apply to residents of the State of New Jersey.
16. Identity Disputes: In the event of a dispute over the identity of a potential winner, the winning entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry, and any potential winner may be required to provide evidence sufficient to show that he/she is the authorized account holder of that e-mail address.
17. Binding Arbitration: Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Official Rules and/or this SWEEPSTAKES shall be settled by individual binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party OR REPRESENTATIVE BASIS. THE ARBITRATOR'S AUTHORITY TO RESOLVE AND MAKE WRITTEN AWARDS IS LIMITED TO CLAIMS BETWEEN YOU AND SPONSOR ALONE. CLAIMS MAY NOT BE JOINED OR CONSOLIDATED UNLESS AGREED TO IN WRITING BY ALL PARTIES. NO ARBITRATION AWARD OR DECISION WILL HAVE ANY PRECLUSIVE EFFECT AS TO ISSUES OR CLAIMS IN ANY DISPUTE WITH ANYONE WHO IS NOT A NAMED PARTY TO THE ARBITRATION. NOTWITHSTANDING ANY OTHER PROVISION IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND WITHOUT WAIVING EITHER PARTY'S RIGHT OF APPEAL, IF ANY PORTION OF THIS “CLASS ACTION WAIVER AND OTHER RESTRICTIONS” PROVISION IS DEEMED INVALID OR UNENFORCEABLE, THEN THE ENTIRE ARBITRATION PROVISION (OTHER THAN THIS SENTENCE) SHALL NOT APPLY. The arbitration shall be conducted in the State of Texas, County of Dallas, or in the County of the participant’s residence.
18. Governing Law and Jurisdiction: This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited by law. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of Participant and Sponsor in connection with this Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Texas, without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof, and any matters or proceedings which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in these Official Rules and/or for entering any judgment on an arbitration award, shall take place in the State of Texas, in the County of Texas.
20. Winner List/Official Rules: The names of the Prize winners may be posted and the Official Rules will be posted at https://press-play.helpscoutdocs.com/article/33-official-rules. For a list of the Prize winners within the last 30 days, send a self-addressed stamped envelope for receipt within 30 days after the conclusion of a drawing to Press Play Inc., 2919 Commerce Street, Suite 707, Dallas, TX 75226. For a copy of the Official Rules send a self-addressed stamped envelope to the above address marked “Official Rules: Press Play Inc. March 2020 Sweepstakes”.
21. Questions: Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions regarding the Sweepstakes.