Press Play July 2020 Sweepstakes Official Rules
THIS IS A FREE APPLICATION. NO PURCHASE PERMITTED OR NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
THE SWEEPSTAKES IS NOT SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH, APPLE INC.
THE SWEEPSTAKES IS NOT SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH, FACEBOOK INC.
1. Participation Eligibility Requirements: In addition to the requirements set out in the Agreement, employees of Press Play or any of its affiliates, subsidiaries, or any other company or individual involved with the design, production, execution or distribution of the App, and each of their immediate families (spouse, parents and step-parents, siblings and step-siblings, and children and step-children) and household members (people who share the same residence at least three (3) months out of the year) are not eligible to play the App.
2. Sponsor: Press Play Inc., 2919 Commerce Street, Suite 707, Dallas, TX, 75226.
3. Promotion Period: The Sweepstakes begins July 1, 2020, at 12:00 AM Eastern Time ("EST") and ends at 11:59 PM EST on July 31, 2020 (the “Promotion Period”). Sponsor is the official timekeeper of the Sweepstakes. All time periods are calculated based on EST.
4. Entry: There are several steps to enter the Sweepstakes.
Step One: Download and install the Press Play – Big Cash Prizes! App (the “App”) on the Apple App Store. There is no charge to download and install the App.
Step Two: Register: Participant(s) must register on the App by signing in with their Apple ID (“Register(ing)”). There is no charge to Register to open an account.
Step Three: Obtain Tickets: Participant can obtain Tickets to be used to enter the Sweepstakes in four ways:
(a) Opening the App:
On the 1st day of the Promotion Period, Participant will receive five (5) Daily Tickets, one (1) Weekly Ticket and one (1) Monthly Ticket at 12:00 AM EST if the Participant has Registered prior to the start of the Promotion Period or, if not, then the first time the Participant opens the App during the Promotion Period. Participant also will receive five (5) Daily Tickets each calendar day at 10:00 PM EST during the Promotion Period if the Participant opens the App that day.Participant further will receive one (1) Weekly Ticket on the 7th, 14th and 21st day of each month at 11:00 PM EST during the Promotion Period. Maximum one hundred and fifty-five (155) Daily Tickets, four (4) Weekly Tickets and one (1) Monthly Ticket can be awarded per person per Promotion Period for Opening the App.
(b) Playing Press Play Slots - Win Money! App (“Slots App”):
The Slots App is available for download on the Apple App Store. There is no charge to download, install and register to open an account on the App. On the 1st day of the Promotion Period between 12:00:00 AM EST and 9:45PM EST, and every subsequent day of the Promotion Period between 10:00PM EST and 9:45PM EST, Participants will have the opportunity to earn up to ten (10) Daily Tickets during each day of gameplay. One of the bonus features of the reels on the Slots App is a Daily Ticket. The frequency of this bonus feature is based on probability in the slot machine par sheet and equal for all Participants. When a Participant earns a Daily Ticket from the slot machine, Participant will have the opportunity to earn a second ticket by watching a 30 second video. Once a Participant has earned ten (10) Daily Tickets between 12:00:00 AM EST and 9:45PM EST on the first day of the Promotion Period and 10:00PM EST and 9:45PM EST each subsequent day of the Promotion Period, the bonus feature may still occur, but the Participant will be unable to earn any additional Daily Tickets from this method. This will be displayed by means of a sweepstakes meter in the Slots App and the meter will be maxed out or full.
(c) Mail-In Request
To obtain Tickets without playing the Slots App, send a handwritten request using first-class U.S. mail to Press Play Inc., Attn: July 2020 AMOE, 2919 Commerce Street, Suite 707, Dallas, TX, 75226. Please include your App profile display name. Participant will receive 70 Daily Tickets per the first three (3) mailed request and 100 Daily Tickets for the fourth mailed request. Limit four requests per month. Participant must download the App and Register in order to receive and use the Daily Tickets received through the mail in option. Mail-in entries will be entered into Sponsor’s computer systems upon receipt, in accordance with its normal processing activities. All envelopes will need to be received by the Sponsor by the 28th of the month. Participants will receive the allotment of tickets in their App wallet each day, ten (10) Daily Tickets per day, and will be notified by Sponsor by email. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any delays in processing after receiving such entries via US mail. Illegible or incomplete submissions are void.
(d) Additional Tickets:
Weekly Tickets – A Weekly Ticket will appear when a Participant has redeemed thirty-five (35) Daily Tickets at any time during the Promotion Period; however, Participant cannot earn Weekly tickets after the 28th of the month. Participant can earn up to three (3) Weekly Tickets in a seven-day period (“Weekly Period”). There are four Weekly Periods per month: the 1st-7th, the 8-14th, the 15-21st and the 22nd-28th of each month. All progress toward earning a Weekly Ticket will be lost after the 28th of the month.
Monthly Tickets – A Monthly Ticket will appear when a Participant has redeemed one hundred and forty (140) Daily Tickets in a calendar month. Participant can earn up to three (3) Monthly Tickets in a calendar month. All progress toward earning a Monthly Ticket will be lost at the end of a month.
Step Four: Redeem Ticket(s) for Sweepstakes Entry(ies): Participant may redeem one (1) Ticket to obtain one (1) Sweepstakes Entry by pressing “Play” in the App, indicating the number of Tickets he/she would like to enter, allowing the app to randomly generate 5 emojis for each Ticket entered, selecting a multiplier emoji for each ticket and pressing “Submit Entries” (each an “Entry”). Participants will receive one (1) Sweepstakes Entry for each Ticket redeemed.
Daily Tickets must be entered into Daily Drawings.
Weekly Tickets must be entered into Weekly Drawings.
Monthly Tickets must be entered into the Monthly Drawing.
The schedule for the Drawings is as follows (all times EST):
Daily Drawing – Every day at 10:00 AM, 1:00PM, 4:00PM, 7:00PM, 10:00PM
Weekly Drawing– On the 7th, 14th, 21st and 28th of the month at 11:00PM
Monthly Drawing – On the last day of the month at 11:00PM
Participant may submit up to fifteen (15) Entries in a Daily Drawing and up to four (4) Entries in a Weekly Drawing or Monthly Drawing.
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Entries received per drawing.
All Drawings are closed to Entries five minutes before the Drawing.
One Daily Drawing will be open to Entries at all times until the last day of the month at 9:55PM. One Weekly Drawing will be open at all times until the 28th of the month at 10:55PM. The Monthly Drawing will be open at all times until the last day of the month at 10:55PM.
A MAXIMUM OF 15 DAILY TICKETS CAN BE PLAYED IN THE 5 DAILY DRAWINGS IN A CALENDAR DAY.
ALL UNUSED DAILY TICKETS REGARDLESS OF THE METHOD THEY WERE OBTAINED EXPIRE AT 9:55 PM EST EACH CALENDAR DAY. ALL UNUSED WEEKLY TICKETS REGARDLESS OF THE METHOD THEY WERE OBTAINED EXPIRE AT 10:55 PM EST on the 7th, 14th, 21st and 28th DAY OF EACH MONTH. ALL UNUSED MONTHLY TICKETS REGARDLESS OF THE METHOD THEY WERE OBTAINED EXPIRE AT 10:55 PM EST ON THE LAST DAY OF EACH MONTH. TICKETS HAVE NO VALUE.
During the Promotion Period, for each day in the Sweepstakes there will be five main daily prizes awarded (each, a "Daily Prize" and collectively, the "Daily Prizes") and five secondary prizes awarded. A secondary prize will be awarded to the Participant who referred the winner of the respective Daily Prize (the “Referring Participant”), so long as the Referring Participant enters one of the five Daily Drawings (the “Referring Participant Daily Prize”). In the event the Referring Participant does not enter one of the five Daily Drawings or the winner of the respective Daily Prize registered for the App without a referral, an alternate winner (“Second Chance Winner”) will be chosen from the Participant pool of the respective Daily Drawing (“Second Chance Daily Prize”).
During the Promotion Period, on the 7th, 14th, 21st and 28th of each month, there will be one main weekly prize awarded (“Weekly Prize”) and one secondary prize awarded. A secondary prize will be awarded to the Referring Participant who referred the winner of the respective Weekly Prize, so long as the Referring Participant enters the respective Weekly Drawing (the “Referring Participant Weekly Prize”). In the event the Referring Participant does not enter the respective Weekly Drawing or the winner of the respective Weekly Prize registered for the App without a referral, a Second Chance Winner will be chosen from the Participant pool of the respective Weekly Drawing (“Second Chance Weekly Prize”).
During the Promotion Period, on the last day of each month, there will be one main Monthly prize awarded (“Monthly Prize”) and one secondary prize awarded. A secondary prize will be awarded to the Referring Participant who referred the winner of the Monthly Prize, so long as the Referring Participant plays the Monthly Drawing (the “Referring Participant Monthly Prize”). In the event the Referring Participant does not enter the Monthly Drawing or the winner of the Monthly Prize registered for the App without a referral, a Second Chance Winner will be chosen from the Participant pool of the Monthly Drawing (“Second Chance Monthly Prize”).
During the Promotion Period, for each month in the Sweepstakes there will be a Leaderboard (“Monthly Leaderboard”). The Monthly Leaderboard is a cumulative sum of matching emojis picked across all drawings - Daily, Weekly and Monthly. The Monthly Leaderboard is not based on winning in any particular drawing but the total number of emojis that were matched. For purposes of scoring of the Monthly Leaderboard, a match of a multiplier emoji in any drawing counts as two (2) total matches. The top 5,000 places on the Monthly Leaderboard will win a prize. In the event two or more Participants are tied for a place, the Participants will split the prize.
Example: Two Participants are tied for 4th. Two Participants split the 4th and 5th place prizes.
Example: Ten Participants are tied for 5,000th. Ten Participants split the 5,000th place prize.
Prizes to be awarded for the Sweepstakes will be stated in the App and range from $5.00 to $10,000.00 (USD).
6. Odds/Drawings/Winner Notification:
Daily, Weekly and Monthly Drawings
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Entries received during a specific drawing. In the event the system generates the same 5 emojis for two or more Participants and those 5 emojis represent the winning Entry, the prize will be split evenly between the Participants with the winning Entry. The total number of combinations are 1,712,304. The odds of winning are equal regardless of method of entry or source of tickets. Playing the Slots App does not improve odds of winning. Prize drawings will be conducted by Sponsor, whose decisions are final and binding in all respects.
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Entries received during a month and the total number of Entries made by a Participant.
Potential Prize winners will be notified within the App and/or by email, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. If a potential Prize winner cannot be reached after a reasonable effort has been made during ten (10) business days from the first notification attempt, refuses to accept the Prize, and/or does not agree to or submit the Release Forms (defined below) within ten (10) business days of the providing of the Release Forms, such person may be disqualified, with an alternate Prize winner selected in accordance with these Official Rules. One attempts for a new alternate will be conducted per Prize. If attempt fails, unclaimed Prize(s) will not be awarded. There will be no alternate prize winners for secondary prizes. There will be no alternate Monthly Leaderboard Prize winners due to the cumulative nature of the Monthly Leaderboard. If a potential Prize winner does not claim the Prize, the unclaimed Prize will not be awarded.
7. ID Verification and Declaration of Eligibility/Liability Release and Publicity Release: Each potential prize winner will be required to scan a valid driver license or government-issued identity card to verify identity and eligibility. Potential prize winner(s) will be required to agree to a Declaration of Eligibility/Liability Release, and, where lawful, a Publicity Release. If a prize is $600 or greater, Potential Prize winner(s) will be required to complete, execute and notarize an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release, and, where lawful, a Publicity Release (collectively, the "Release Forms") within ten (10) business days of sending of the Release Forms. The Release Forms will need to be Notarized using the provided service Notarize. In the event Potential Prize winner(s) would prefer to use a different notary service or is from the state of Iowa, the Sponsor will provide Potential Prize winner(s) with an electronic copy of the Release Forms through email and Potential Prize winner(s) will be bear all costs associated with and be responsible for returning the notarized Release Forms to the company through email on the same timeline as above. Failure to return Release Forms in a timely manner, or if a Prize notification or a Prize is returned as non-deliverable, or if a Prize winner is found not to be eligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, may result in disqualification and an alternate Prize winner may be selected in accordance with these Official Rules.
8. Prize Redemption and Prize Winners If a Prize is less than $25, winners will receive their prize by gift card through Tango Card. If a Prize is greater than or equal to $25, winners will have the option of receiving their prize by gift card through Tango Card, or check within ten (10) business days. If a Prize is greater than or equal to $600, winners will receive their prize by check within ten (10) business days. If a participant’s total prize value in a calendar year exceeds $600, Press Play will provide winners with a link to fill out a W-9. This $600 threshold includes prizes won in the Slots App. The W-9 must be completed before any additional prize will be awarded. Winners will then receive their prize in accordance with the policies above. All federal, state, local and other tax obligations arising from this App, including, without limitation, winning a prize, will be the sole responsibility of each Prize winner. Press Play, its parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and advertising and promotion agencies assume no liability and are not responsible for, and Participant hereby forever waives any rights to any claim in connection with, the selection and announcement of a Prize winner, the distribution of a Prize, the acceptance/possession and use/ misuse of any part of a Prize, and any injury or damage to any participant's or third person's property related to or resulting from any part of a prize or any part of this App. No assignment or substitution of a prize is permitted. Prize is solely for prize winner's use and may not be used in conjunction with any other promotion. All other costs and expenses not specified herein, if any, are the responsibility of each prize winner. All prize details are at the sole discretion of the Press Play.
9. Publicity Release Terms: Except where prohibited by law, a prize winner's acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for the Press Play, its agents and assignees, to use a Prize winner's name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, and address (city and state) worldwide and in all forms of media, in perpetuity, without further compensation for promotional and compliance purposes.
10. Improper Conduct: Press Play may disqualify participant from participation in or use of any or all portions of the App, close the participant’s account, void all prior activity and reclaim any prior prize awarded if Press Play determines in its sole discretion that Participant (i) is ineligible to participate; (ii) has violated these Rules or the Agreement; (iii) has attempted otherwise to manipulate the App or cheat in any of the games; or (iv) engaged in any conduct Press Play deems to be improper, unfair or otherwise adverse to the operation of the App or detrimental to other participants of the App. Such improper conduct includes, without limitation, falsifying personal information required during participant registration or prize claim, accumulating coins through methods such as automated computer scripts or any other programming techniques, allowing others to use participant's personal information for the purpose of playing the App, or intentionally trying to defraud, reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise tamper with the computer programs in connection with this App. Participants agree that Press Play may void any part of a prize that participant may have won and require the return of a prize that participant may have won as a result of such improper conduct. Participant further acknowledges that any forfeiture of a prize and return of a prize shall in no way prevent Press Play from pursuing other avenues of recourse such as criminal or civil proceedings in connection with such conduct. WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS APP MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE PRESS PLAY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR SUCH ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
11. Errors/Integrity Issues: Press Play assumes no liability and is not responsible for, and participant hereby forever waives any rights to any claim in connection with, errors or ambiguity: (a) in the App; (b) in any related advertising or promotions of this App; and (c) in these Rules. In the event of any ambiguity(s) or error (s) in these Rules, Press Play reserves the right to interpret them in the manner intended, in its sole discretion. Press Play assumes no liability and is not responsible for, and participant hereby forever waives any rights to any claim in connection with any computer, telephone, cable, network, satellite, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, unauthorized human intervention, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of any information, or the failure to capture any such information. Press Play is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by registration information submitted by participants or tampering, hacking, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this App, and assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to the App. If, for any reason, the App is not capable of running as planned by reason, including but not limited to, infection by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which Press Play, in its sole discretion, believes could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the App, Press Play reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this App and not award the prize(s) or select the prize winner next down on the relevant leaderboard (adjusting other winners’ prize amounts accordingly, if Press Play determines such adjustment to be equitable and appropriate), or take such other action as Press Play may deem fair and appropriate.
12. Identity Disputes: In the event of a dispute over the identity of a potential winner, the winning entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the Apple ID submitted at the time of entry, and any potential winner may be required to provide evidence sufficient to show that he/she is the authorized account holder of that Apple ID.
13. Referral Program: You can earn referral bonuses by referring new participants to the App.
13.1 Unique Code: When you initially download the App, Press Play will provide you with a unique code or embedded hyperlink URL (Your “Unique Link”), for you to use in connection with the referral of Recruits. “Recruit” means an end-user of the App who (a) has not previously registered with Press Play for any aspect of its Service, (b) is in full compliance with all the terms and conditions of the Agreement and all applicable Game Rules, and (c) provides Your Unique Link during his/her registration with Press Play. The Recruit must register for the Service himself or herself; you may not register on the Recruit’s behalf.
13.2 Press Play shall have no obligation to you with respect to any Recruit who does not meet the above criteria or if you otherwise have violated the Agreement, Game Rules or applicable laws, or otherwise acted improperly or unethically (as determined by Press Play in its sole discretion) in soliciting or procuring the Recruit’s registration or in any other respect. Examples of improper or unethical conduct include but are not limited to:
- Creating false or “dummy” Accounts, or attempting to register fraudulent Recruits (third parties without their authorization or fictitious individuals)
- Making any attempt to register the same Recruit under different names or different contact information;
- Registering Recruits directly, even with their consent or at their request. Each Recruit must complete his or her own Service registration via your Unique Link;
- Falsely representing the App or other Press Play games as gambling games or as requiring purchase to participate, or otherwise making false or misleading statements or characterizations of the App or Service in soliciting or procuring Recruits;
- Providing any incomplete or untruthful information to Press Play in connection with the Recruits or your efforts in soliciting or procuring Recruits; and
- Committing any fraud, abuse or circumvention of the spirit of this Agreement.
13.3 Press Play will provide you with a “Secondary Prize” in the following amount:
Ten percent (10%) of Gross Winnings (defined below) won by your recruits in any drawing. Your recruit will receive 100% of the respective drawing prize and you will receive an incremental 10%. In other words, the Secondary Prize is not deducted from the winner’s Gross Winnings. There will be no Secondary Prizes for the Monthly Leaderboard. There will be no Secondary Prizes for redraws.
“Gross Winnings” Means the amounts won by end-users of its mobile application with respect to Services provided to such end-users through such mobile application.
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, Company’s payment of, and your entitlement to, any Secondary Prize is subject to your acceptance of, and compliance with, all rules, terms and conditions of the Services (including, without limitation, any game and/or sweepstakes offered by Company) from which the applicable Gross Winnings was earned by your Recruits.
14. Winner List / Official Rules: For a list of the Prize winners within the last 30 days, send a self-addressed stamped envelope for receipt within 30 days after the conclusion of the Promotion to Press Play Inc., 2919 Commerce Street, Suite 707, Dallas, TX 75226. For a copy of the Official Rules send a self-addressed stamped envelope to the above address marked “Official Rules: Press Play Inc. July 2020 Sweepstakes”.